Sunday 6 December 2015

Watching Disney's 'Frozen' with AAC

This afternoon we snuggled under a duvet on the sofa and watched Disney's Frozen for the first time (yes, two years after the rest of the world ...).  I quickly consulted my three fellow bloggers who told me the key words that would be needed and made a folder with some core vocabulary (yellow, always same location on screen) and some useful Frozen words.  It was quite successful: my girl enjoyed snuggling up and watching it and was definitely engaged with my commenting (her eyes were going from TV screen to iPad and back) although she didn't choose to join in.  That's not a great surprise - she's much more oriented to requesting, so commenting is the next step.  However, the device blended nicely into the activity and helped us share the film together.



No comments:

Post a Comment