Wednesday 23 December 2015

Christmas party...... Meltdown avoided!

At my day service today it was our Christmas party which is a high trigger environment for me so my carer put things into place to make it easier for me. Such as having a choice board set up ready for me to choose activities when I was there which really helped me to be able to choose things stress free.

Here is an example of my choice board as you can see there was very few choices there so as not to overload me. 


I made a guess who game page and played with my carer and friend which worked really well for me and my friend we was able to interact and knew what to say to each other it really was lots of fun for us both my carer thought it was a great page!! 



It was a success and when I started to get stressed it was caught fast and my carer acted fast so as to calm things down before they exploded........
I was able to tell my carer I didn't like the waiting for Santa I wanted him now it may have just been a few words but they made a major difference to being calm or being stressed because I was able to be listened to which I really liked here is what I was able to say........




As you can see afterwards I was very happy to talk to Santa and calm was restored......

And all was good again in bouncy pony land!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment