Saturday 12 December 2015

AAC in the Sensory Room

Since we are getting some new sensory bits and pieces for Christmas (and planning a bit of a sensory room revamp) I thought it would be good for my girl to have more say in what she does in there.  At the moment it's quite straightforward but when I'm sure she's familiar with the buttons I might convert some of them into pop-ups to give her even more choice (so massage could have a pop-up with head, back, arms, legs, hands, feet, etc. to allow her to say exactly what she wants).  Also I know she likes different music albums on different days so hopefully that could be a pop-up too.  The aromatherapy diffuser (Christmas present) will add a new dimension as we haven't done smells before so it will be interesting to see if that can be a choice too.


No comments:

Post a Comment