Tuesday 2 February 2016

I got the food I wanted not what my carer 'thought' I wanted!

Today I went out for dinner with my carer for dinner we went to a pub I've been to before and I had chosen what we wanted at the table and told her before getting to the counter just in case I didn't want to say at the till. 

When we got there the man started speaking and my carer encouraged me to tell him what I wanted so I started..... He then asked did I want.... Sweet potato fries, Chips or jacket potato. I didn't answer straight away so my carer began to answer for me but I suddenly frantically was searching for a button and she asked shall we say what I wanted and I really thought about that but finally found the button and I pressed 'Jacket potato' to her surprise as she was going to answer chips for me because that is what I usually go for!! I totally surprised her and this is why it's so important I have my device there all the time because today I had a voice and I chose what I wanted to eat not what people think I would want! It felt so good!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment