Wednesday 3 February 2016

Peer interaction for the FIRST time ever!!!!!

My daughter has autism and selective mutism. Anxiety prevents her from communicating in any form. Today her friend from school came for tea. And this is what happened -
I surreptitiously left her iPad near her, saying if she wanted to talk she could use this. Her friend immediately investigated the app.......
Then I couldn't stop them (not that I wanted to!)
43 exchanges in one hour!!!!
Her friend really enjoyed using the app too, she found pages and asked my daughter questions.
Did I mention 43 exchanges?!!!!! 

Here is S. talking to Ellie via Ellies app.




Here is Ellie replying 😊



It was so much fun they carried on at the table too!!


Oh, did I mention 43 exchanges in one hour ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment