Saturday 30 January 2016

Meeting with my best friend for the first time!!

Yesterday I met up with my best friend for the first time and it was AMAZING!!! We didn't stop laughing and smiling all day! (Communication is so much more than just verbally speaking)

We both drove about an hour and a half to meet and we was so excited and nervous!! I started off by saying hello to both my best friend and her carer on my device then off we went on ur first animal hunt!! 

We each took it in turns talking off my device to choose where to go next it was great fun!! I throughly enjoyed going out with another wheelchair user it was like a race riding next to each other I was laughing and bouncing so much I didn't stop making my happy noises! 




By the afternoon it had gone cold and with my EDS I was in a lot of pain but I managed to tell my carer that and suggested my friend could have a brownie that she had her eyes on at dinner time that idea went down very well!! First time ive ever told my carer I'm cold and not blown or got grumpy because of it!



Me and my best friend even managed a independent conversation while our carers went to the counter to get us a drink I really enjoyed that and felt really confident with proloquo2go at my side! I would never have dreamed that it could be such a success I couldn't have done it without my device that's for sure but with it anything seems possible! 


Overall an amazing day filled with so much fun I was exhausted by the end because I had just met the loveliest person and I felt so lucky she is my friend! She accepted me totally and our teddies Po and Twinkle even got a kiss! I was so happy to be there and be around her I hope to have loads more meet ups! 
 

Bye for now from a very happy bouncy pony!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment